No one wants to go through a divorce, but many marriages end each year. When someone decides to end their marriage, they have the right to seek help from a divorce law lawyer in Lee’s Summit, MO. Getting help from a lawyer can make a big difference in the process and allow for a greater level of peace of mind. With this information, individuals will learn how a divorce lawyer can help them end their marriage.
What Should Individuals Know?
Before an individual decides to end their marriage, it is wise for them to seek a consultation appointment with a divorce law lawyer in Lee’s Summit, MO. There are some pieces of information individuals should know before they start the process so they will be prepared.
- Missouri is a no-fault divorce state. In most cases, people file for irreconcilable differences and there is no reason a person would have to prove cruelty or other issues with the marriage.
- After the petition for dissolution of marriage has been filed, the other spouse will need to be informed. Missouri uses the term dissolution of marriage in place of divorce.
- If the other spouse does not agree with their divorce, they have the right to contest. Contested divorces sometimes take longer to settle and can be stressful for both parties.
- While hiring an attorney is not a necessity, it allows individuals to have their rights protected at all times and gives them legal guidance in the process.
- Although it might seem easier to hire the same lawyer, ethics prevent lawyers from being able to represent opposing parties in a legal process. Both parties will need to hire their own attorney.
- The end of the marriage will not be final until the judge signs the Judgement of Dissolution. This legal document frees both parties from the marriage and allows them to remarry.
Get Started Now
If you are ready to end your marriage, seeking legal help is a must. Contact the Dana Outlaw Law Office and allow them to schedule a consultation appointment for you to learn more. They will help you pursue your divorce with as little stress as possible. You can also visit them on Facebook.