Denied Benefits? Hire a Social Security Disability Lawyer in Chicago Right Away

by | Oct 22, 2021 | Law Firm

Top Of The List



You worked for years while you were able and now that your medical condition is preventing you from holding a job, you should be able to get social security benefits. Social security disability Lawyers in Chicago is not an entitlement program like welfare or food stamps. In order to qualify for SSD you have to have worked the required number of years and paid into the system through your taxes. Many people, though, are denied disability benefits unfairly. If you have received a denial letter, it is important to talk to a social security disability lawyer in Chicago as soon as possible.

There are strict rules that the Social Security Administration follows when they determine whether a person is eligible for benefits. For example, you cannot get SSD if you are only going to be disabled for a short period of time. Your disabling condition must be expected to last at least a year and confirmation of that must be provided from your doctor. The only exception is if the condition is expected to result in your death.

The Social Security Administration is aware that many people apply for benefits who are not entitled to receive them. Some people do so because they aren’t aware of the requirements and others are attempting to commit fraud. In an effort to pay only the people who are truly disabled, there is a thorough review of each application. Applications that are missing information are rejected. If your claim is denied, you have the right to have it reconsidered after you correct the errors on your application. A social security disability lawyer in Chicago may be able to help you get the information you need to complete your request for benefits.

When your benefits are approved, you’ll get a check every month from the Social Security Administration. The amount of disability payments is typically less than a person made while they were working but it is often enough to take care of daily living expenses. Parents of minor children can get additional benefits to help them care for them until they are 18 years old or until they are 19 if they are a full-time student.

For more details visit Jeffrey A. Rabin & Associates,